Tales of a Teenage Peafowl Enthusiast

Monday, June 26, 2006

How the peacock maddness got started


Seven years ago on a whim I decided that I wanted a pair of peafowl. A quick internet search introduced me to the wide, wacky world of peafowl color and pattern mutations and soon I had four more fancy-colored pairs. I now have two blue males (Pete & Spaz) and three blue hens, a white male (Zephyrus), two blue pied hens, two pairs of silver pieds, a male cameo (Dusty) and three cameo hens, an emerald spalding pair, a quarter of blackshoulders, and a purple blackshoulder male and a purple hen, along with a whole bunch of 2004, 2005 and 2006 hatch birds who will hopefully find new homes soon.

The tale of how my peafowl adventure began can be found at my website: http://www.amyspeacockparadise.com/home.html. I'm hoping to use this blog to share stories and ancedotes about living with these beautiful birds.

I hope you enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home